The Hill Company is only too aware how critical information is to a business – it is what we manage for our clients on a day-to-day basis. Information is generated at a quicker rate now than at any time in the past and speedy access to that information can be the difference between winning and losing a client.
This is why The Hill Company now promotes our scan-on-demand and backfile scanning services, instead of traditional vehicle-based document distribution; delivering quicker, cheaper and greener access to your company information.
The increased use of electronic information can provide massive savings to any organisation; particularly when you consider the following;
- 30% of all employees' time is spent looking for documents (Boston's Delphi Group)
- 15 % of all paper handled in a typical business gets lost (Boston's Delphi Group)
- Each lost piece of paper costs a business $120 (Boston's Delphi Group)
- The cost to retrieve a single page document is £12 (International Records Management Trust and Weiss)
- It takes one additional employee to maintain every 12 filing cabinets (PWC/Fujitsu)
- This equates to £1,500 p.a. per cabinet (ONS average general office worker salary of £18K)
- £8,500 per annum to provide accommodation for each employee (National Audit Office)
- 35% more occupancy can be generated (Project Nomad)
The Hill Company will help you reduce the time and costs associated with managing paper-based information by converting them to digital files and providing speedy online access to these images; via either 'Scan-on-Demand' or on a Backfile project basis; thus;
- Eliminating the need for paper files
- Removing duplication
- Enabling access to documents in seconds
- Reducing labour costs
- Increasing productivity
- Improving business processes
- Streamlining audits
- Enhancing compliance with regulators
- Augmenting security and controls
- Reducing paper usage
- Saving time, space & money
The Hill Company will store your records within its state-of-the-art records centres and, with our highly advanced Records Management system, will locate your records within seconds. Our onsite scanning capability enables us to scan part of or the entire requested document and send it to you via one of the following methods;
- Secure encrypted email
- Secure FTP site
- RS Web; our free, secure online portal
- The subscription-based Informu document, records and workflow management system.
Backfile Scanning Projects
We can also undertake backfile conversion scanning services prior to a large-scale migration of records to archive storage and / or during the implementation of an Electronic Document and Records Management (EDRM) system.
Our service is comprehensive, covering:
- Image quality control
- Data quality control
- Software release
- In-process retrieval
- File reconstitution (as required)
- Archiving / secure destruction (as required)
Robust processes will guarantee the legal admissibility and evidential weight of the scanned records.